Friday, May 14, 2010

Love Sara B and King of Anything

I got an email from the Sara Bareilles newsletter about her new single, "King of Anything" but I just got around listening to it today. Of course, I love it. It's sweetly saucy like "Love Song."

In Sara's own words: "'King of Anything' is sort of a 'f**k you' song," jokes Bareilles. "I've had more unsolicited advice on my life than I care to mention, and this was how I dealt with it. It felt empowering to turn that frustration into music, especially a song that doesn't even sound angry. That's sort of what 'Love Song' was as well. Apparently, I don't get over things very quickly." (source).

Sara B is on many, many iPod playlists and I can't wait until it's released on iTunes or somewhere I can buy it. But for now I'm listening to it here and dancing in my big black office chair to this peppy song. Mostly, it's my hands and fingers doing the dancing with some small hip movements :).

My favorite lines so far? Thank you for your time and try not to waste more of mine. I hate to break it to you babe but I'm not drowning. There's no one here to save. Who cares if you disagrees? You are not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment