Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Your Highness

I stayed up super late last night slaving away on my graphic design 2 (GD2- for us New Schoolers) therefore beat today after class but I decided to enjoy the day and take myself to a movie. I've been wanting to see Limitless and The Adjustment Bureau but wasn't in the mood for a thriller or I might have seen my man Jakey G in Source Code. Instead I saw Your Highness because I needed to laugh.

I wasn't sold at first but my handy Fandango app had reviews that called the movie "like Princess Bride but with a lot of cussing" "beware of multiple of f bombs and sex jokes" "not for everyone - make sure you like crude humor" - you get the picture. It sounded just what the movie doctor order. Those reviewers called it as is. I didn't laugh at some of the more obvious jokes but it delivered. It's goofy, campy, almost annoying but that's because its characters are playing up to their roles. I also got to see all of the movie trailers that are getting me pumped up for upcoming movies.

The trailer for your enjoyment:


No comments:

Post a Comment