Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My Life Would Suck Without Kelly Clarkson


Last night I went to WaMu Theater with Cait to see Kelly Clarkson's All I ever wanted tour. First things first: she totally rocked her show, as per usual. She truly sounds amazing live, way better than on any studio recording. Her range and vocal depth are so much more apparent live.

While I really enjoyed the show, I liked her previous performance for the My December Tour better. She was personal in that performance. Told stories for almost every song she sang, dished on her love life a little, and it felt more intimate. This time around she still talk a bit about the songs but the information she shared was quite as personal as before. She had a bigger band which was cool to see. There was a horn, trumpet, saxophone, dj, the usual guitars, and a couple of back up singers.

Cait and I decided that we would try to avoid WaMu Theater as a venue from here on out. It's a bizarre wannabe stadium/large concert venue. The acoustics weren't great and it lacked personality. My favorite venue is Showbox at the Market because it has character and is fairly intimate without feeling cramped like Nuemo's can.


Playlist (to the best of my memory)
I Do Not Hook Up
Miss Independent
Since U Been Gone
Behind These Hazel Eyes (played acoustically)
Alanis Morisette/Kings of Leon Mash Up
Breakaway
If I Can't Have You
My Life Would Suck Without You

No comments:

Post a Comment