Wednesday, December 2, 2009

And Then I Got Set Up

It's no secret that I'm single.

I definitely don't hide it and occassionally advertise it. As in, "Don't you know any cute single guys?"

Since I know most of my friends of friends (I can be quite the social butterfly on occassion) and most of my friends and their friends are in serious relationships or married, I haven't really been able to meet anyone in Seattle. Seriously, it may be some type of disease.

Anyway due to the above mentioned factors, I've extended my asking to my co-workers, hair stylist, etc. I don't think of this as desperation, rather a way to expand my horizons :). So far, there has been nada colada until now (well, kinda. You'll see).

One of my co-workers (she's one of the many that I support) asked me half-jokingly (well all jokes are half truths) on her way out this morning for coffee or maybe it was lunch if I had a date to our company holiday party. I said no and then as the elevator door shut I heard her murmur something like, "Well, there is guy-"

I didn't think much about it until Aimee and I caught up later that day. I asked her about and she explained that she knew someone (through our line of work) who was going to be up here. He's moving back to Seattle and he's visiting the next couple of weeks to look at condos to buy. It turns out he'll be in Seattle and asked Aimee for a drink on the date of our holiday party.

She coyly paused and then mentioned our holiday party, hence the earlier elevator comment. I said sure as long as I'm not expected to entertain him all night (not to sound bitchy but I will be in charge of the event more or less), he could come as my date. No big deal for me.

Then Aimee officially set me up.

She called him and offered me and our party up. He said yes and asked if I was the cute red head who works up front. Turns out he remembers me from when he previously visited our office.

Aimee tells me all of this in front of another co-worker, Kristine, and then Kristine says, "Oh my god what if they get married from this?"

This is what I get for opening my mouth :).

No comments:

Post a Comment