Thursday, June 24, 2010

Featured Outfit: Anna's Wedding

My awesome parents were in town this weekend (for my bday!) and when my awesome dad left on Sunday my awesome mom and I went shopping. As tradition dictates we went to Pacific Place to hit all of the normal stops: Club Monaco, Twist, and Barnes and Noble.

I was really shopping when I found something. It's always when you not looking, right? For the last month or so I had been looking for a dress to wear to Anna's, my former-roommate-now-engaged-and-living-in-SF, wedding next month with absolutely no luck.

We're Club Monaco for my mom and we spot a gorgeous silk sheath that looks conservative, a nice straight boat neck line, from the front but look at the back:


Oh, la, la! I wasn't sure if the Deona dress would look good on but I slipped it over my head and fell in love. As did my mom and the salesgirl. The best part?

It was on sale and they took a generous extra 20% off because of a small stain they couldn't remove in store. A steal at $79.20. Jumpy Claps!

Then we went shoe shopping and I thought these will be perfection:


My mom decided that I needed to go with nude in order to not detract from the dress. I decided on the round toe as opposed to a more strappy version because:

a) I'm girly but not in that over-the-top-way
b) I didn't want bridesmaidy shoes
c) I wanted the shoes to not call any attention on themselves, focus all on the dress- gotta show off just one thing at a time!
c) the shoes were comfortable
d) they made my feet look small
e) I can definitely wear them to work or out for the night
f) they're patent leather (great to have in the rain) and
g) they match the gorgeous bag I want to wear (I'll update with a photo later)

Le sigh! I have the perfect outfit to wear. I love it when that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment