Friday, June 18, 2010

Inspiration: GOOP's Hot Pink Prada Dress

I love clothes. I love to shop.

But these days, I hate shopping. I'll go to all of the usual stops (Anthro, Nordies, H&M, Zara) and hate everything I try on. It's the same thing over and over again. Whether it's the *new* one shoulder dress or the bandage dress popularized by Herve Leger or another strapless, so I don't feel much like shopping these days. It makes me want to scream, "I WANT a different silhouette!! WHY is EVERYTHING so short? WHAT happened to interesting styles?"

So it's nice to feel inspired :). Especially if it's fodder to put away in the back of my mind for the day that I design and make clothes.

With that introduction, I present GOOP's gorgeous and unique hot pink Prada:


It looks great from the front and the profile image demonstrates how an unusual silhouette can truly make a statement yet not overly dramatic:


I don't think this dress is for everyone or that anyone could pull it off. Yes, Gwyneth does a terrific job wearing the dress and not having it wear her. So maybe the masses or the "minivan" majority (a Lainey Gossip original and defined by Anne Helen Petersen) won't love it but it's so refreshing to see something so different.

I just LOVE that it's somewhere between Judy Jetson and Mrs. Betty Draper. Inspiration, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment