Monday, September 20, 2010

Movies Wanted, Movies Watched

As I blogged about here and here, I had been dying to see Easy A and The Switch and since my move I have! When one is unemployed, movie going is a favorite option of mine.

I saw Easy A the day it opened, this last Friday and it was solid. Emma Stone is likable, believable, relatable and really adorable as the lead high school heroine. I'm not a huge Penn Bagley fan but I did like him in this role. Amanda Bynes nails the Jesus freak foil to Emma's Olive. I was pleasantly surprised because it had some unexpected elements and twists. It started out a little differently than I thought but it told the story it promised in its trailer. I would highly recommend it. It's particularly great for high schoolers.  


The Switch was much like I expected from the trailers. J.Anniston didn't annoy as much as usual, the chemistry between J.Bateman and the little boy was absolutely precious - my favorite part, J.Goldblum was hilarious and a great foil for J.Bateman and J.Lewis was hysterical and added some much needed laugh out loud humor. A predictable satisfying romcom.

I've also seen and recommend: The Town, The Romantics and Get Low.

No comments:

Post a Comment