Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Being Grateful

Inspiration about what to do with my life comes from all sorts of places. My most recent revelation is from my weekly email from Shelf Awareness.

It is so easy to complain, whine, bitch and moan. When I read this:

"Bookstores are treasure troves of journals and notebooks (I know this, I have more notebooks than I can count and I always carry one on me). Buy a small journal. Every evening, write down three things you have been grateful for during the day. Bonus points if they are people. Maybe you'll be so busy being grateful that your previous resolutions will just happen. At the very least, you'll be happier, and that's no small accomplishment." Marilyn Dahl, book review editor, Shelf Awareness.

Good point Marilyn, excellent point.

I'm going to try to do this every day.

I'm grateful for:
1. Katie Malone: it was great to have a conversation with and support from one of my high school friends.
2. My H&M gift card I got for Christmas from one of my two awesome roommates because I used it to buy much needed bras. 
3. Mara Kurtz: my GD1 professor. I am learning so much from her and she is a great teacher. My style for sure.
UPDATE: One of my favorite blogs and literary agents, Janet Reid posted about it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment