Saturday, February 25, 2012

Redhead Racists?

Okay, so the three friends sitting next to me at Starbucks are definitely providing me with entertainment.

1. One of their group has the second doppelganger running around NYC.
2. The girl that was mistaken for someone else is a redhead and made a comment that people can be redhead racists.

What is a redhead racist?

I asked myself that same question but instead of having to verbalize it, I just had to keep eavesdropping. Her definition is someone who sees one redhead and they have seen them all.

Her example is that she gets likened to Amy Adams and Kate Walsh. Since neither actress looks like the other, it's her proof that someone only see the red hair - not the face. (Girl has a point there - those two look NOTHING alike).

Reminds me of Lainey said about Michael Phelps (re: Asian women). TMZ weighed, too. Now, that incident reeks of ignorance and maybe a touch of racism.

As a fellow ginger (although I'm more auburn these days), I disagree. Maybe a redhead generalist is the right phase?

I get that she was trying to explain it by using the word "racist" but I think it's inaccurate.

Also - I'm a redhead and never getting either actress as a lookalike.

Interesting, non?

Side note: I probably am the only person that thought it was interesting :).

No comments:

Post a Comment