Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dream Job: Store Manager for European Boutique

Now that my news is official, I'm working on sending out my resume and applying for jobs in the city.

My friend Erica who moved to NYC three years ago recommended 24 Seven Talent, a recruitment agency that specializes in creative fields, which is perfect for me because I love graphic design, marketing, and retail. 

This job posting I found sounds like a dream job: 

An edgy, downtown-chic European brand is seeking a Store Manager for their Soho location. This is a FABULOUS company that is looking for someone who can manage the business without being too serious! This is an amazing opportunity to join a huge retailer with a laid-back, fun-loving attitude towards work. To qualify, you must: 
  • Have a strong understanding of the brand & company culture (I definitely understand the importance of executing and communicationg a company's brand thanks to my experience at Rosanna Inc. (retail and corporate experience), Coach, and Mercent).
  • Understand how to drive a business without being too serious or rigid with your team (I am a firm believer that a little silliness or fun does not detract from getting the job done right - sometimes you need that to get through the work day). 
  • Be a committed, loyal, and dedicated employee. no job jumpers! (Commitment, loyalty, and dedication are just as important to me as enjoying work. I like a trusting environment and to not worry about someone else trying to steal my job). 
  • Be a great motivator and coach for your team (A great manager is a great teacher. A great teacher is a great mentor who motivates, coaches, encourages, and criticizes appropriately). 
  • Possess excellent customer service abilities (If you work in retail, excellent customer service abilities are a necessity and applicable to dealing with co-workers and bosses).
The Best Part:
There is a tremendous amount of upward mobility with this company.
Candidates that are hired will get to travel to Europe for 3 weeks prior to starting!!!

I wish at 24 Seven, I could have listed multiple industry I'm interested in because I would have checked in addition to marketing: retail (see above awesome position), graphics -  other, and public relations.

24 Seven has great feedback, check out their twitter and facebook pages. Once I move, I plan to attend at least one if not more of their events.

No comments:

Post a Comment