Thursday, January 21, 2010

Inspiration and Appreciation: It Looks Good to Me

I love, love getting Daily Candy in my inbox every morning. The contents don't always strike my fancy but today, I found a new artist and her website. It Looks Good to Me. I am especially in love with her illustrations that are brought to life with watercolors:


This one could totally go on my kitchen wall at home. Especially considering how much I love my red wine :).

This may sound weird but this work reminds me very much of Carrie Bradshaw in the first few seasons of Sex and the City. I think it's because it was the first time I'd ever seen someone wear ankle socks with heels. And it looked fun and trendy :).



Titled, Make Love Not War, is just beautiful to me. I like that its slightly morbid with the hard gray of the gun and blossoming deep pink (reminds me a bit of blood) of the rose. It's a beautiful and striking contrast. I don't know where I put it up in my house. . .  maybe in the living room?


 And of course this is a favorite of mine because she's a redhead! What can I say? Redheads only make up 1% of the population and I'm proud to be a part of it :). I particularly like it though because although the illustration is one dimensional, the watercolors make it move. I feel like at any moment, she could wink at me, blow me a kiss and saunter off the page with her fire red hair blowing in the wind. I think this one might be going up in my room sometime soon.

Click here for more illustrations and here for her fashion inspired blog (no shocker that fashion is the main topic seeing as Ms. Caroline is a fashion textile designer).

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment