Monday, October 24, 2011

On My Kindle: Fun and Games

I've read two young adult novels and a romantic comedy in the last couple of weeks, so I'm still in the mood for a fast and fun read. Fun and Games so far has not been disappointing.

I downloaded a sample chapter because it was a kindle daily deal and I wish I had bought it then because I bought it today full price. But I'm never going to regret putting money in an author's pocket.

I'm really enjoying it so far. Quirky plot, fast-paced and very enjoyable. It reminds me a lot of the James Patterson novels I've read before but that's a VERY good thing.

What if all of those overdoses and crazy celebrity deaths we've all heard about where actually orchestrated by a team of highly skilled hit people?

Here's the Amazon.com description:
Charlie Hardie, an ex-cop still reeling from the revenge killing of his former partner's entire family, fears one thing above all else: that he'll suffer the same fate.


Languishing in self-imposed exile, Hardie has become a glorified house sitter. His latest gig comes replete with an illegally squatting B-movie actress who rants about hit men who specialize in making deaths look like accidents. Unfortunately, it's the real deal. Hardie finds himself squared off against a small army of the most lethal men in the world: The Accident People.

It's nothing personal-the girl just happens to be the next name on their list. For Hardie, though, it's intensely personal. He's not about to let more innocent people die. Not on his watch.

**UPDATE: Finished it on my lunch break today (10/26/11) and it was so good that I pre-ordered the sequel, Hell and Gone. Best part - it comes out on the 1st so I don't have to wait long!

No comments:

Post a Comment