Friday, October 21, 2011

On My Kindle: The Son of Neptune

I was so excited for this book to come out. I've read all of the Percy Jackson books to date and the first one in this complementary series about Greek and Roman demigods left me hanging and I couldn't wait to pick up the next installment.

I was not disappointed.

I love Rick Riordan's books in the same way I love James Patterson novels. They are dependable yet intriguing reads. I wish Janet Evanovich would take a hint from them; it's how I used to feel about her Stephanie Plum series.

When I read a Rick Riordan novel I am never disappointed and I knew exactly what I was getting myself into. The Son of Neptune was no exception!

It picked up right where The Lost Hero did and I enjoyed it immensely. There were demigods, demons and gods left and right. Riordan did a nice job of incorporating the Roman and Greek versions of gods and the respective camps. Percy Jackson is also growing up nicely - the series reminds me a lot of Harry Potter in that way. I loved reading about Harry growing up. I got to the end of the book and it cut off at a great cliff hanger. I'm ready to pre-order the next installment already!

P.S. I bought the movie Percy Jackson and the Lighting Thief and I've watched it a few times. I wish they'd make another movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment