Friday, March 30, 2012

Trend Report: Rocking Dots: Polka Dots for Everyone

I love a great polka dot print. I don't rock them all the time but I do indulge occasionally.

In celebration of Jess "I rock a lot of polka dots" Day , here are a few dresses that anyone who has an inkling to wear polka dots can rock.

If your style is more Charlotte than Carrie:

A great boat neck is flattering on almost every figure. The twist knot detail gives the pattern a twist (ha!) and makes it on trend (I almost sick of seeing twist knots every where). It's classy, figure flattering and a little of fun. You can buy it here.

If you're into the 1950's now and then (c'mon I know you get my reference) like I am or Ms. Zooey then this just might be the dress for you:


Out of the two, although I would wear both, this one is definitely more my style. If Carrie and Charlotte ever shared a closet then this dress might live in it. It's a dress I can imagine dancing in, strutting down the streets of New York in it with either my red heels or purple wedges or black round toe flats, and generally having a good time in it.

I think I would end up wearing it for years. You can dress it up or down, the office or a night out. Winner! Available here.

For a more classic and tailored look, I really love this DKNYC dress:


It's floaty, breezy and undeniably feminine. I love that is a button down and the sleeves can be rolled up or down. The weather in NYC is getting nicer and nicer, so I can't help but to imagine wearing this to work or brunch with my girls. You might be able to wear to a day time wedding if you accessorized with the right shoes, hair, clutch and jewelry. Since it's navy, not black, I would pair it with my wood stacked heel brown leather sandals.

I can see Miranda wearing it.

What do you think? Are polka dots your thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment