Friday, March 23, 2012

Yay for High School Friends!

This week started out sh-tty and only got worse.

I am always so excited when my friend Sara from high school has to come to New York for work. Considering the hot mess I found myself in this week, I was really grateful that she was in town.

She was a bright spot and a burst of energy during this bleak week.

Even though I had some school to do (after the first day back of course) Monday night, I needed to be around a friend more.

We had a glass of wine at Bryant Park and then grabbed dinner at a pub. It was SO good to see her. Between the new job, a mixed signals guy and life, I really needed someone to talk to.

She was definitely the right person for it :).

Last night we went to Cafeteria had a delicious dinner, shared a carafe of sangria (so much cheaper than ordering separately), made friends with our dining neighbors and overall had a bad ass time. Our conversation was one of those rare blends that can only come about if you've known someone for a very long time.

We talked about some random yet appropriate high school memories (while debating dessert she remembered that's all I ordered for dinner when we went out to eat before Junior Prom), what's going with our lives right (mostly work and a little bit about boys - although we mostly covered that on Monday), and the right now - our delicious dinner.

Thanks for turning around a shitty week Sara. And being my cheerleader; in the best way.

2 comments:

  1. Lauren, YOU were the highlight of New York! Some way, somehow, we always bump into each other at just the right time. CHEERS to many more where that came from (and to the carafes of sangria!!!) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes and yes :). See you soon Fresh!

    ReplyDelete